Sunday, April 1, 2012

Rhyolite!


I made it to Rhyolite and back!

Something about this ride feels like redemption for all those failed century attempts here over the past two years.  I think it's because this ride was all mine: a solo ride that covered 75 miles and over 6000 feet of climbing, mostly unsupported until I rejoined the group back at Hell's Gate on the way down.

I'm really happy that I got the two new climbing gears on my Bianchi for this ride (thanks to Century Cycles for this). I don't think I ever came out of those last two gears in the 2 hours it took me to get to Daylight Pass!

At 7 AM, the sun was just starting to break over the mountains. I knew it was going to be a perfect day.

You get to Daylight Pass by riding about 15 miles of ~6% average grade. 


Self portrait at the summit, before heading down the other side, into Nevada.


Check out GPS data for this ride:

1 comment: