Sunday, March 22, 2015

Waiting for the ice to crack


Somewhere along the road near Red Rock Canyon, on the way from Las Vegas to Death Valley.

Time to get back to where I need to be, on so many levels.

It's been another long slog of a winter, with all kinds of changes. The dark days and long nights and the frozen-to-the-bone stillness forces me to 'go underground'. It's a reflective time, for sure, and necessary to recharge the batteries.  But now, something about spring - the lengthening days, the ice finally cracking - pulls me out from hibernation and forces me to start again. 

And there is no better place, in my opinion, for a ceremonial start to life above ground than in the middle of nowhere/center of the universe.

If connectivity and time permits, I'll post photos and stories from my week here in Death Valley. But now, I gotta get ready: we ride early, as soon as the sun comes up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment