Saturday, December 25, 2010

December Diversion II



My friend Matt came in from Arizona to spend a long weekend. A native Ohioan, I think he missed the cold and snow, but didn't want to admit it. He used the annual Auburn Metal show as his ruse for wanting to return 'home' in the middle of December.

I thought that it might be fun to do a Buckeye Trail run. Matt is an accomplished triathlete, but I was hoping that the slippery, snow-covered trails and 20 degree temperatures would handicap him just a bit. Or maybe the icy creek crossing (of which the only way across was by wading) would slow him down a little.




Not a chance. By the time I caught up with him at the finish, he had already showered, changed, gone to Starbucks, and read through the first 100 pages of War and Peace.

(Turn computer sideways to appreciate this video):


No comments:

Post a Comment