Sunday, November 2, 2014

Just Say NOvember!


'Cross practice in the backyard this morning, with Angie.


I secretly love November.

I love the smell of leaf rot,  the shocking cold mornings, the hint of fall-into-winter bleakness (that I'll be entirely sick of a month or two from now).

But what I especially love about November is that it's time to PLAY!

There's a weight-off-the-shoulders quality about knowing that the racing season is over until next spring.

This is the one month out of the year where I can abandon a strict training structure and just go with the flow. November is a month-long reprieve from hard intervals, expectations, and racing.*

For the record, I don't plan on spending the next four weeks curled up on the couch with a bottle of tequila and the entire 4 seasons of 'Game of Thrones'.  November is really more a mental break, and I won't be slacking off TOO much - just enough to feel rejuvenated by the time training starts up again, December-ish.

So, whenever your season ends, give me a call and let's meet up for a ride, or a trail run, or some 'cross practice. No destination, no obligation. I'll even buy you a coffee when we're done.

*CX doesn't really count as 'racing' for me, as you already know. If you've ever seen me race 'cross, you'd know why. 


Getting ready to get lapped...





1 comment:

  1. If you get possessed by demons & have an uncontrollable urge to drink massive quantities of tasty beverages while binge watching GOT, I'm your girl!

    ReplyDelete