Here's my dilemma: Which bike should I bring?
My choices are my Bianchi road bike, or my Jamis CX bike. I need you to help me decide!
Before you vote, consider the details.
- The AdventureCorps website suggests a bike with clincher tires of at least 25mm wide, and with LOW GEARING at least 39/27.
- Last year, I brought the Bianchi. I didn't have enough gears for one of the climbs that I intend to do this year.
- However, the Bianchi was PERFECT for the Century ride last year, and that's the main focus of the trip this year (the 2011 Century is a timed event, the other route mentioned above is optional)
- My steady, tried and true bike, which I ride all the time
- I've been training on it all winter
- I'll have to change to wider tires
- Low gearing is 39/25
- The highest gear (53) is perfect for flying descents
- New bike, SRAM shifting that I'm not quite used to
- Haven't ridden it since my last CX race in October
- Have to change to thinner tires!
- Low gearing is 36/32
- The highest gear (46) is a little weak for those long, flying descents
So now what do I do?
Any suggestions would be most helpful! Please vote your choice in the POLL in the top right corner of this post before I pack it up next week...